Thursday, January 16, 2014

Last Blog Post- A Reflection

I would say my first foray into online learning has been a success. I learned a lot and was able to make my own schedule which allowed me to be able to work and make money over the winter break as well. To someone who has very limited interaction with social media compared to most, it was a bit of an eye-opening experience. I never thought about how much media I actually see and use either indirectly or directly on a day to day basis.

The assignments were an interesting and fun way to reinforce the materials we were learning about in class. I especially enjoyed assignment 4 where we got to analyze a television show, if only because I love TV, and it gave me an excuse to watch it without feeling guilty. The discussions were also a nice way to reflect on the readings and to be able to communicate and interact with the other members of the class.

One of the more interesting parts of the class was the online lectures. Unfortunately, I was never able to participate in a live session (work never allowed for that), but being able to watch the lecture online was very cool. I especially liked the fact I could pause it and rewind in order to write down notes or re-listen to something that the instructor said, but I missed. After sitting through so many lectures in the past where these were not options, it was a very refreshing change of pace.


Overall, I would definitely recommend taking an online class (especially during the winter break) to anyone. You are able to still enjoy your break while still being somewhat productive without feeling completely overwhelmed. It’s perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment